Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Successful Saturday

This past Saturday was the third Frock Affair market in Brisbane. As much as I love what I do, there is a part of me that questions my sanity when I'm getting out of bed at 4.30am on a very dark and chilly Saturday morning. But then arriving at our venue, getting stuck in with the set up (and induging in a skinny cap or two) the thought of my big warm bed is all but forgotten.

Saturday's event was a great success with 14 stallholders and over 200 keen shoppers through the door. We even had a handful of patient husbands/boyfriends and partners come in and wait while the girls shopped. I think they were all relieved to find our 'Men's waiting area' decked out with sports magazines, newspapers and other blokey reading material to entertain them.

Two of our stallholders on Saturday had actually met each other at our May market (one was a buyer, one a stallholder), got to talking and then decided to share a stall! I was so excited to hear that. A Frock Affair - not just creating happy bargain-hunters, but business partners and friends too.

Our next market is on Saturday 11th September and so with lots of 'day job' events, some interstate, intrastate and overseas travel, two hens nights, a kitchen tea, a baby shower and three weddings (including Kim's) to get through before our next Frock Affair, it's going to be a hectic few weeks.

Applications are open for stallholders, so make sure you visit http://www.afrockaffair.com/ for more information.

I'll be back tomorrow to put up some photos from this past Saturday.

Until then, stay warm!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment